About the Office of Research, Health Sciences (OORHS)
The OORHS Mission:
To foster both the emerging and the established research enterprises within and across the six schools of the Health Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh: the Graduate School of Public Health, the School of Dental Medicine, the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing, and the School of Pharmacy.
Essential to the success of this mission is a productive dialogue between the OORHS and Health Sciences investigators. As the primary liaison on research matters between the Health Sciences faculty and the Senior Vice Chancellor for the Health Sciences, the OORHS is continually seeking input from both new and established investigators so that it may meet the changing needs of the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences community. Please contact our office if you require any of the services listed below or have suggestions as to how we can better serve the biomedical and translational research enterprises.
OORHS serves the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences community by:
- Compiling and disseminating research funding announcements, federal and University policy changes, and the latest scientific news
- Administering institutional grants programs, such as the Competitive Medical Research Fund (CMRF) and the Health Science Bridge Funding program
- Providing editorial assistance, grantsmanship advice, and scientific review of grant applications for Health Science faculty members
- Facilitating the preparation of multi-investigator and multi-disciplinary grant applications
- Providing guidance to new research faculty in the Schools of the Health Sciences
- Fostering the development and use of research resources and core facilities
The files below provide general background information about research at the University of Pittsburgh and the Schools of the Health Sciences. Updated information for this page should be submitted to Dr. Paulina Liang.