Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Career Development Program
The LLS Career Development Program supports basic, translational, or clinical research to help understand and treat hematologic malignancies and relevant premalignant conditions. The purpose of CDP is to enhance the careers of scientists researching blood cancer or normal blood biology that has relevance to blood cancer. Continuing from last year, there is an enhanced emphasis on this purpose.
LLS has also made several changes regarding CDP applicants and K99 awards:
· Fellows who receive a K99 award may keep their CDP award pending LLS approval.
· Current K99 awardees may apply for a Fellow or Special Fellow award (if otherwise eligible).
· Dual K99/CDP recipients may convert part or all of their CDP award to non-salary expenses related to the project.
There have also been significant changes to the Scholar in Clinical Research Award. These changes are meant to better align this award to support early-stage physician-scientists who are conducting clinical research.
· Eligibility is expanded to include any permanent, independent clinical faculty who are not on a laboratory-based, tenure-track career path.
· The research support requirement is expanded to include funding from any source that adequately supports the research.
· Protected time for research is now defined to be in the range of 20-40%. Deviations from this may be allowed, and will be determined on a case by case basis by LLS staff. If an investigator is more laboratory-based than clinic-based, then they cannot apply for this award; they should consider the Scholar CDP subcategory.
· The award amount is increased to $125,000/year.
· Some of the award may be used for salaries of other personnel who are directly connected with the clinical research activities of the applicant.
Please visit our website, http://www.lls.org/research/career-development-program, for additional details on how to apply and for key dates. For questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility is due by September 1, 2017 at 3 PM ET.