Research Resources - Laboratory and Computing
This directory provides links or contact information for laboratory, computing, and data analysis resources that are available to University investigators.
To submit updates, or to request the addition of a resource, please contact Paul Wood at email@example.com or (412) 648-9618.
For Pitt Biomedical Research Facilities' web site search.
View Resources by Category
University Center for Social and Urban Research
The University Center for Social and Urban Research (UCSUR) was established in 1972 to serve as a resource for researchers and educators interested in the basic and applied social and behavioral sciences. As a hub for interdisciplinary research and collaboration, UCSUR promotes a research agenda focused on the social, economic, and health issues most relevant to our society.
UCSUR maintains a permanent research infrastructure available to faculty and the community with the capacity to:
- Conduct all types of survey research, including complex Web surveys
- Carry out regional econometric modeling
- Analyze qualitative data using state-of-the-art computer methods
- Obtain, format, and analyze spatial data
- Acquire, manage, and analyze large secondary and administrative data sets including Census data
- Design and carry out descriptive, evaluation, and intervention studies
- Provide information technology services for the collection, management, and analysis of sensitive research data to assure the highest levels of security and privacy.
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI)
For a complete listing of research resources available as part of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI), please link to the UPCI Shared Resources web page.
- Animal Facility
- Biobehavioral Oncology Facility
- Biostatistics Facility
- Cancer Bioinformatics Services
- Cancer Genomics Facility
- Cancer Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics Facility
- Cancer Proteomics Facility (Mass Spectrometry, Luminex)
- Cell and Tissue Imaging Facility
- Chemical Biology Facility
- Cytometry Facility (Analytical cytometry, Flow cytometry, Imaging cytometry, FACS )
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory
- Immunologic Monitoring and Cellular Products Laboratory
- In Vivo Imaging Facility
- Investigational Drug Services
- Tissue and Research Pathology Services
Virus Production (Recombinant)
Viral Vector Production
The Genome Editing, Transgenic, and Virus Core (GETV) facility provides lentivirus, adenovirus and adeno-associated virus vector design assistance and production. The Core maintains an inventory of stock plasmids and viral vectors that are available for a nominal fee.
Lentiviral vectors are produced in 293FT cells using a four plasmid system and are replication defective. Lentiviral vectors prepared using this system can be used at BSL2.
Adeno-associated virus 2 (AAV2) is produced in 293 cells and all vectors are purified for distribution. Purity is confirmed by SDS-PAGE and densitometry. A certificate of analysis is available upon request. AAV vectors prepared in this way are suitable for work at biosafety level 1 (BSL1).
Adenoviral vectors are produced in 293AD cells and purified for distribution. Adenoviral vectors prepared using this system can be used at BSL2.
For more information and to place an order link to the order form.