Research Resources - Laboratory and Computing
This directory provides links or contact information for laboratory, computing, and data analysis resources that are available to University investigators.
To submit updates, or to request the addition of a resource, please contact Paul Wood at email@example.com or (412) 648-9618.
For Pitt Biomedical Research Facilities' web site search.
View Resources by Category
Health Sciences Core Research Facilities
The Health Sciences Core Research Facilities (HSCRF) were established through the Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor, Health Sciences in recognition of the vital role that centralized research resources play in the academic research enterprise. The technology required to perform innovative biomedical research changes rapidly and centralized research resources provide access to expertise, technology applications, and state-of-the-art instruments that are otherwise unavailable to most investigators.
Our research resource facilities include scientists and technicians who provide expert advice for study design, standard and custom applications and assist the investigator to take their project aims from conception to data production. The scientific leadership is available to work with you to adapt and apply methods appropriate to your scientific goals and assure that the interpretation of the results is supported by the data.
- Biomedical Mass Spectrometry Center (Proteomics, Metabolomics & other)
- Genomics Analysis Core (Bioinformatics)
- Genomics Research Core (RNA, DNA, Nextgen Sequencing)
- Health Sciences Sequencing Core at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh (Illumina sequencing)
- Health Sciences Tissue Bank
- Hillman Live Cell Imaging Core (DNA damage, confocal microscopy)
- Peptide and Peptoid Synthesis Core
- Small Molecule Biomarker Core (Quantitative Mass Spectrometry analysis)