Research Resources - Laboratory and Computing
This directory provides links or contact information for laboratory, computing, and data analysis resources that are available to University investigators.
To submit updates, or to request the addition of a resource, please contact Paul Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 648-9618.
For Pitt Biomedical Research Facilities' web site search.
View Resources by Category
Luminex Core Laboratory
This facility uses the Laboratory Multianalyte Profiling (LabMAP™) system developed by Luminex Corporation. It is a flexible, easy-to-use protein analysis system that permits the simultaneous quantitative analysis of up to 100 different proteins, peptides, or DNA molecules in a single microtiter well. Multiplexing enables a comprehensive overview of complex biological systems and the inclusion of in-process controls using a minimum amount of sample. Potential applications include:
- functional genomics
- validation of drug leads
- secondary screening
- absorption and distribution
- high-throughput ELISA and Western blot assays.
The UPCI Luminex Core Laboratory can process and analyze samples using commercially available manufactured kits or unique Core developed kits. The UPCI Luminex Core Laboratory can also develop custom analyte Luminex assays using investigator-supplied antibodies and a protein standard.
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI)
For a complete listing of research resources available as part of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI), please link to the UPCI Shared Resources web page.
- Animal Facility
- Biobehavioral Oncology Facility
- Biostatistics Facility
- Cancer Bioinformatics Services
- Cancer Genomics Facility
- Cancer Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics Facility
- Cancer Proteomics Facility (Mass Spectrometry, Luminex)
- Cell and Tissue Imaging Facility
- Chemical Biology Facility
- Cytometry Facility (Analytical cytometry, Flow cytometry, Imaging cytometry, FACS )
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory
- Immunologic Monitoring and Cellular Products Laboratory
- In Vivo Imaging Facility
- Investigational Drug Services
- Tissue and Research Pathology Services